Monday 24 October 2011

Thank-you UK ... I guess !


Have to dedicate a post to the UK... 

I have been blessed with many opportunities while living in the UK. Many opportunities that we all take for granted, as did I for many years. 

Receiving a free education from nursery to year 11 , is one of the most amazing opportunities that every child is entitled to here in Britain. Oh how I wish I concentrated more in school. I never understood the true meaning of education, till today... Something children around the world are not able to have. Yes, I hated teachers, and hated school, and used every single excuse in the book to stay away from school, (which did work most of the time)but when you think back, how amazing was our education system... (compared to other countries).

NHS... unlike countries such as the USA we have a great national health service.  Yes okay not an "amazing" NHS service as their are many who still complain, but we are able to get free service when needed, whether its a cold, hernia, or even cancer. 

Transporrrrrrrrrrt! oh how I love public transport. Prices of bus fares, and train fares may be going up , but the fact we are able to travel around the London for reasonable prices, so easily, is just a exceptional service, that we do take advantage of. 

Above all that UK helps people who are in terrible situations, such as allowing people to apply for benefits when they are  "poorer" than others. Benefits such as EMA (good for me , not good for the newly sixth-formers, as it was dropped after I had finished college) , student finance to allow people the extra special years in university , for people to pursue their dreams, income support, housing benefits, etc. 

I may complain about 101 things that's wrong about the country, but Alhumduallah I am happy I was brought up and born in this country to receive amazing opportunities that can benefit me, and also help me benefit others with my knowledge, that Britain has taught me. 

so that's my thank-you to Britain , dont expect me to admit it again ;)

Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment